The following things have changed since the last update:
- New Candidate Search (Beta): We have been working hard to improve our search feature and will be rolling it out step by step. There are a couple of exciting changes that will (hopefully) dramatically improve your experience:
- Faster performance. The search results, even on accounts with many thousands of candidates and applications, are shown without a delay. This is also the case even if you search for complex combinations of search terms.
- Boolean operators and wildcards. You can now add and chain together special operators like "AND" or "NOT". Furthermore, you can use " " to search for exact matches.
- Search will search for whole string in default. If you do not use "OR" as a term, the search will use the whole string as one search term.
More information: https://prescreen.helpscoutdocs.com/article/194-candidate-search-with-boolean-operators
- User management via API: We have extended and improved the Prescreen REST API. Now you can also manage users — this means, you can read, invite, insert, update, and delete a user directly through our API and also set specific access rights to those functions for each API key.
API setup: https://prescreen.helpscoutdocs.com/article/92-r-w-rest-api
API technical documentation: https://api.prescreenapp.io/doc
API live testing interface: https://api.prescreenapp.io/doc/v1/testing-interface
- Google Job Ad markup support: Google Job Ads are coming and we are of course ready. Prescreen now supports the Google Job Ad markup. This means, your jobs can be found easily via simple Google search in regions where Google supports it. The markup will also be transferred if you access Prescreen via API.
More information: https://prescreen.helpscoutdocs.com/article/195-ist-prescreen-kompatibel-mit-google-for-jobs
- Rich text editor for Hiring Requests: You can now create Hiring Requests with a comfortable rich text editor in the description field. This means, you can add formatting to your text which will then also be seen by all approvers. A small addition, but very important to some customers — so it is also equally important to us.
- HR-BA-XML job ads: There was a bug when changes to the job ad form were sometimes not saved, especially when posting the ad. This has been fixed.
- Visibility issues: There were some issues with the visibility of jobs and candidates for some users. This had to do with some complex constellations of settings that were not resolved correctly. This has been fixed and candidates and jobs should now be visible for everyone who should see them.
- Update of candidate custom questions via API: There was an inconsistent behaviour of our API when you tried to update custom questions. Sometimes some information could get lost, other times the update failed. This has been fixed and the update should work as expected.
- Various smaller performance improvements and bug fixes in the frontend and backend. They are not visible, but ensure that you will get the best experience possible while using Prescreen.